This afternoon I went to the gardens to write, but I couldn't get away from the people. I can't get away from people anywhere here. (Unless I want to sit in mud, and even then I can hear their voices.) Instead I took a nap. It was a little uncomfortable, laying on a wooden bench with my back pack as my pillow, but the setting was really relaxing and I actually fell asleep. I also hung out with two new friends of mine. Monsieur Friel, and Lady Aselle. Friel is actually a squirrel, and Aselle is a butterfly. I left cracker bits for Friel, and we had a bit of conversation and a game of freeze. Mostly I just watched Aselle flit about the flowers around me for about five minutes. That's friendship, right? Well, after my nap I felt rather off--a bit drowzy, loopy, sedated, yeah... and I'm still coming out of that state. (it's been five hours.)
When I got done with my nap I read from my book. I haven't been able to spend this sort of time relaxing in so long, that I felt giddy. (maybe that's why I was feeling so funny.)
Oh well. It's a really nice day, and it's FRIDAY! I think I'm going to go make some hot chocolate and read some more. (believe me, I'm not taking this luxury for granted.)
No comments:
Post a Comment