Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's a beautiful night, what a beautiful night, oh, what a Bella Notte!

Explain this to me: Today is hails, but tomorrow it's suppose to be in the 70's. Yesterday it snowed. Early May it was in the 80's. IT'S JUNE 12 ALREADY!

Tonight I went with Lacie, Sarah, and Jason to watch the Extravadance. It was really fun. The whole thing was suppose to be an Ode to Jazz, though not every song seemed that way. There were two dances that really impressed me. One was done to a Michael Bublé song. They had the stage all misty, and completely dark, and then they shot straight down bright beems of white spot lights. So the person standing in them was a silouhette. Then more lights and more silouhettes, and more and more, and then changing colors... The lights were superbly done. The dancers had dark hats and outfits with suspenders and they were "smooth" and "slick" and where slicing their fingers across the brim of their hats sort of thing. It was fun! And then the next dance was AWESOME! They had four hand drums and one guy for each drum. And all the girls had sticks they clapped together, and they did this beautiful rythmic phenominon! They danced all over the stage doing tricks and things. There was back ground music of rushing water and an erie, but gorgeous melody. The lights were dim and greenish and swirled, like been deep down under water in a cave. The light was just filtering down through the rippling waves. Yeah. Well, it was wonderful. I couldn't stop tapping my foot the entire thing. It was the kind of thing that made you want to get up and start whirling and dancing and moving. I really wish I had a video clip of it all.

After the show the four of us hiked down to Mill Hollow and had frozen yogurt (we used cupons that Sarah found in the school magazine).

Now, what am I doing? Praying for sunshine and beautiful weather, and pleasing the heavens that tomorrow is Friday. I haven't been able to sleep in past 6:30-7 for over a week now, and I haven't been able to get myself to be before 11:30. I'm just wiped out. So, as for all that, I'm going now.

Buonanotte.

No comments: