Monday, June 9, 2008

BIZZARO ESKIMO

Sometimes I believe my stubborn genes take control too easily. Take today for instance. I didn't go to my early morning class. Why? I couldn't. I tried. I couldn't. I woke up. I sat up. I told my brain I was getting up and goig to class. I reset my alarm and got up and hour later. I went to creative writing. I like the class too much not to go. Besides, I had a paper due. We watched a movie, so my brain is still in half alseep mode. Afterwards I thought about going to Math. I still can if I convince myself to. I should. I know I should. But at the same time I can't. Something in my brain is telling me I can't. Not that I'm weak or lazy or irresponsible. I just can't. It's so hard to explain. I bet I sound like all three of those things. But I feel: I feel like when you read your own paper, and you have to step away from it before you can return and realy critique it. I feel like when you are reading and the story gets so intense you have to shut the book and return in an hour or two. I feel like when you really should be doing one thing, but every atom in you is telling you you really have to do something else. Yeah. Do I sound pathetic? I hope not. I hope I sound like someone you can empathize with. I just CAN'T go. My whole body is telling me to go take a nap or something that might be more useful at this point in time. Isn't it bizzar how priorities can change in the twitching of an eye brow sometimes.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Definitely in the genes! I know EXACTLY what you mean.