Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hick hick cough cough squeak screeeeeeeeeeeech----!

Today has been... interesting.

Last night the soar throat that I'd had for the last several days finally reached a pang painful enough for me to take notice. I found my mouth dry, my throat raw and prickling, and my glands subtley swollen. Aparently I snored last night-that is when I was asleep. I kept waking up, and I wonder if it was because I couldn't breath. Finally at about 8 am I gave up half sleeping and crawled out of bed, took a book and blanket into the livingroom, and read for an hour. I sat down and finished my drawing for Art 110, which remarkably turned out quite well, showered, at a pot of steaming romen, and trouped off to class. My illness has been affecting my in waxing and waning rotations-at times convincing that I really am not that sick, and at other times making me think "I forgot how miserable and achy all over and horrible being sick is!" Right now, for instance, I feel ralitvely fine. We'll wait for tomorrow to see which way I go -- plumitting like a stone to the bottom of the sufficating pool of "ick", or floating out of danger like a loose feather in a quick updraft of "aren't you a lucky ducky".

I've been reading a book these last couple of days and I really like it! It's called "The Looking Glass Wars", by Frank Beddor. It's Alice in Wonderland as "it really was". :) Very fun and fascinating and well written! READ IT!

"You know the myth...
A little girl named Alice tumbled down a rabbit hole and proceeded to have a charming adventure in the delightful, made-up world of Wonderland...
Now discover the truth... Wonderland Exists!
Alyss Heart, heir to the Wonderland throne, was forced to flee through the Pool of Tears after a bloody palace coup staged by the murderous Redd. Lost and alone in Victorian London, Alyss is befriended by an aspiring author to whom she tells the violent, heartbreaking story of her young life only to see it published as the nonsensical Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Alyss had trusted Lewis Carroll to tell the truth so that someone, somewhere would find her and bring her home. But Carroll had gotten it all wrong. He even misspelled her name! If not for royal bodyguard Hatter Madigan's nonstop search to locate the lost princess, Alyss may have become just another society woman sipping tea in a too-tight corset instead of returning to Wonderland to fight Redd for her rightful place as the Queen of Hearts.
Meet the heroic, passionate, monstrous, vengeful denizens of this parallel world as they battle each other with AD-52's and orb generators, navigate the Crystal Continuum, bet on jabberwock fights and travel across the Chessboard Desert.
The Looking Glass Wars unabashedly challenges our Wonderland assumptions of mad tea parties, sleepy dormice, and a curious little blonde girl to reveal an epic battle in the endless war for Imagination. "

-Goodreads.com

So I'm going down to SLC this weekend for general conference, and to get my eyes checked. Over the last several weeks I have noticed more and more how insufficient my glasses' perscription is. I can hardly read the black boards, and criticing in drawing class has become a real headache. Literally. Sigh... the mortal state of the human eyes in this modern age of books, technology, and mounting academic sacrifices! Cheers!

P.S. For some reason I'm really craving Icecream right now! Icecream and shrimp! (not together, but both.)

1 comment:

Smile It's Yummy! said...

I'll eat icecream with you! :)

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.