Thursday, October 9, 2008

Harkle

NO! It can't be cold already! Last week it was in the mid 70's! I didn't want to dig out my coat yet, so I settled for a long sleeve shirt, a T-shirt, a hooded sweater, a jacket, and a heavier jacket. I roast inside, and freeze outside. Humph!

So, while I'm complaining about the chilly weather, I keep humming Christmas carols. I have my Pandora play list set on the Silver Bells and Fiddle Fever radio stations. "Hark silver bells, sing silver bells..."

So when I write, like stories and poetry and stuff, some times it's a struggle. Not generally, but some days the right words and the right rythms come so reluctantly to my fingertips. But then, fantastically, on other days they seem to be there, just waiting to leap onto the page. These last couple of days have been like that. I was going through my flash drive, deleting unneccessary files, when I came across an unfinished piece of work. Sitting down I read through it and discovered that I really liked it! Ideas started popping into my head, and before I realized it I had been typing for a round hour and a half. All day today my fingers have been iching to get back, and it's been a bit of a distraction. So that's where I'm going next. I'll have to post it here sometime and get people's responses. And in case anyone is wondering, I haven't really sat down and planned this all out, which suprises even myself. It just sort is coming to me. Love it!


Today I really enjoyed my Western Culture class. Right now we're covering the Ancient Greece of lengends and it's quite fastinating. Besides the fact the Greece, Athens in particular, was the first known center for democracy, but also for emphasis to be placed on education and the arts rather than simply war and self satisfaction. Another lovely part of the lesson was going over a few of the wars that were fought by the Greeks, and that, against all odds, they won. Such as the Battle of Salamis and Marathon. I love learning about battle strategies, etc. Unlike many people, the battle scenes from the BoM are some of my favorite to read about. And during AP History, the Civil War was my favorite part. Especially the Battle of Gettysburg where Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain faked out the Confederates an won his battle with only bayonets and a single regiment.


I also love fiddle music! HARK SILVER BELLS, SING SILVER BELLS, FROM EVERYWHERE, FILLING THE AIR...

No comments: