Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Hamster Hughey Dies- sorry Calvin

Left SLC at about 10 yesterday. Got here at about 2. Went to tutoring. Went to the Ward Opening Party (i'm on the activities committee, plus! FREE FOOD!). After the activity there were these guys at the park with nylon ropes hooked up between the trees and they were all tight-rope walking. I tried some too, but had to leave before I could quite master it.

The construction on campus is really getting going. They've been working on it for at least a year or two, but some projects are starting to become recognizable. Such as the new wing on the MC. They're starting to brick up the outside! I can't wait until the sky walk is installed. (I bet they're going to wait until there's a big break though.). And the big hall down by the Hogi Yogi, next to the Hart, they're putting the supporting beams up. It is going to be one HUMONGOUS building! The construction crew is starting to go around campus now, tearing up sidewalks and reporing them. And the landscape/garden-workers/horticulture students are all over the gardens and campus flower beds.

I got to teach another lesson in BoM class today, because two of our 5 study group members were gone, and the other two there with me don't like teaching. They seem to like me talking however. But they're fun. We all get along and they read or commented when I asked them to. Oh well. Do I get double points now that I taught twice? I wish! Well atleast it's nice to know I don't have to prepare another lesson. After all, since we don't have the class on Friday's and it only lasts one block (quarter), Monday is the last day of class. Period. I'm both sad and happy. I love the class, but I look forward to the additional time to get done all my other projects and stuff. Also this class has been intense, and thus sorta stressful. One less thing to worry about now. (And I'm getting a good grade so I'm happy about that too!)

So I got my first math test back. I well above the class average grade, but not super great either. The dumb thing is that I actually do know all the material that was on the test. I honestly could have gotten near 100%. But I'd just taken another test that same day, and was a bit frazzled. So I did really idiotic things like dividing rather than subtracting, or writing 28 with out the 8 on the end. Or writing that I'm flipping the graph up and down, then flip it left to right. Or how about not putting parentheses around a certain section of an equation, so I messed up on my order of operations. Yeah, dumb stuff like that. The teacher makes errors like that when he is teaching us at the board, but he has other eyes to catch it for him. And we KNOW he knows the material. Or atleast the school does. But for the rest of us... phooey kablooey. Achoooooooooooey!

No comments: