Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Alma 42

Hey loves. So it's 3 minutes to midnight, but I (by an accident) got to sleep in this morning, so it's not so bad. Right?

The fact of the matter is that I'm watching National Treasure 2 online, and it's taking a while to load. So I'm using the spare time to talk to you's peoples.

Ok, so here's another piece of interestingness that I thought I'd share. We've been studying Alma 42 in BoM class the last few days, and along with it we've been studying the topic of Resurrection. How there are two spiritual deaths. The one from Adam's fall, that had him, and thus all of mankind, cut off from the presence of God. And then the kind that can happen at judgement day if we are unclean. Oh, and of course there's temporal death as well. How when we die, our spirits don't go anywhere. We stay here. On Earth, as Earth is where the spirit world is located due to the fact that it is destined to be turned into the Celestial Kingdom. But we cannot see the spirit world, and they cannot see us--unless granted special and necessary permission. And how EVERYONE will be resurrected and eventually brought into the presence of God (only the clean can enter the KINGDOM of God, but ALL will be brought before his presence after resurrection.). How when we are resurrected we will be brought back into perfect reformation of how we looked when we died. All our scars, all our disformaties. Why? Because our thoughts, our sins, our lives are written into every bone and sinew of our bodies and will be witness of our cleanliness. Only after we are found worthy will we enter into the Kingdom where we will grow and gradually our bodies will change and become perfected, even to the stature of our spirits. Our bodies will grow into our spirits. And then we will be physically perfect. We will not be so immediately after resurrection.

Ok. I think that's enough for tonight. If you want more info, read Alma 42 or e-mail me and I'll send you some of the scripture (including teachings of JS and BY) references.

Bonsoir, mes amis!

No comments: