Ahoy, ye scalawags! 'Tis October-aye! Autumn! Coluerful naturrrre and frooosty mornin's! Not to mention, All Hallow's E'en! OoooOOoOoooOoOooooo!
Yesh.
Today I'm in a good mood! It's sunny! It's not too chilly out. And it's October! I miss September. But I'm excited fer Octoberness. Last Saturday we got started on decorating the grocery store. I spend a good hour stringing up fake cobwebs all over the place. Tonight we'll get a bit mer of dat dun. I love decorating for the holidays. Halloween itself has been a bit of a let down for me the last several years, and this one aims to not be too exciting either, but I love to decorate! It's the anticipation that makes it fun anyway, so if you hype the anticipation, you hype the experience.
So what else is happening right now.... hmm.... Well, I went down to KC two weekends ago, to visit my sister. We went to the Ren. Fest, but it got chilly and rained us out after only about half an hour, and so we left. I did help her paint her bathroom though. :) It's now a bright, soft, lush sea-foam pearl color. Goes great with her bright, candy colorful bathroom decor. It tones it down but helps make it fun!
Oh, and I officially have shoes now! FINALLY! I've been living on a my pair of high heels and pair of flip flops since the canoe trip. All that hiking and shoe-soaking and slugging through mud finally took out what was left of public appearance in my five-year-old tennis shoes. They were all ready really bad looking, but now the backs wearing through and the rubber soles are pulling away. They're just done for. And my flats? My lovely brown leather flats? Well, I literally walked holes into them this last semester. So I'd been on the lookout for shoes since before July. I didn't want expensive shoes, but I didn't want cheap shoes. So while in KC, we strolled by a shoe selection and I noticed $50 converse shoes on sale for $30. And that weekend alone they were an additional $10 off! I like converse shoes. Always have. So of course I got a pare. Fifty dollar shoes, for twenty dollars? No duh! :D
Well, this weekend my plan is to go BACK to KC. This time along with my sister Am and her husband. She and Nathan want to do the Ren. Fest. I actually didn't buy a ticket last time--when we got to the ticket office they gave us one ticket free--so I liked the idea of giving the fest another go. A real one. With real shoes. :) I hadn't actually planned on going back down, but Am really wanted me to, and even asked mom, and then came and informed me that I needed to come. I can live with that. ;)
The world is so beautiful right now! It's kinda scraggly looking in some places, but the colors and the evening shadows and the crisp, lively, if chilly, air! Mmmm! Hot chocolate! Cider! Fires! Holidays! I'm liking it!
No comments:
Post a Comment