Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ren. Fest weekend

This weekend I made another attempt at the KC Ren-fest. Interestingly enough, while the last time I went it was cold, raining, windy, and muddy, while I only had flip flops to wear, this week was hot and sunny and I had on a brand new pair of tennies. Yes. That's right. It's October and it was hot this week. In the upper 80's. So it was beautiful, if steamy, weather for attending the fest. I went down to Am and Nathans, and we, along with friend-couple of theirs, went down to Jo's. The next morning we got up and went to the fest and stayed there 'til late afternoon. It was great fun. The theme for this weekend was dogs, scots, and pirates. So there were dogs, bagpipes, kilts, and pirates everywhere. We managed to watch a jousting and get our faces painting (Jo and I did the latter). We each had a huge smoked turkey leg for lunch, and watched a falconer (wild bird) show. Along with a lot of other stuff. etc. etc. etc. Aye!






No comments: