Sunday, August 22, 2010

Driving Me Crazy

Hola! Bonjourno! Salut!

I feel like it's been ages since I've actually been able to settle down somewhere. My semester ended in July and it took my four very crazy days to drive home. I left on a Saturday and got home the next Tuesday. It's a long story that consists of awesome times and please-shoot-me-in-my-sleep times. Yeah.

Well, and then I went down that next Friday and babysat my nephew. And then on Sunday I headed up with a couple of my siblings to Des Moines where we stayed with one of my brothers and his wife. The next day at 4 a.m. we got up and drove to Minnesota. We spent that week canoeing the BWWCA. It also was a very good and a frustrating time. I now have a three shade farmers tan (white shoulders, lightly tanned upper arms, and then dark lower arms--this is due to wearing a 3/4 length sleeved shirt the day I got the most sun.) I had a lot of fun on the trip and loved spending time with my siblings. I love the outdoors and outdoor adventures so the dirt and the sweat and the B.O. didn't bother me much. But by the second night I missed my bed tremendously. A solid rock bed and a constricting and slippery sleeping bag are only comfortable to a certain point. After driving back to Des Moines, we spent the night there again and then headed home the next day.

I was home for a week before I headed down to KC where I spent almost a week with my sister. That was fun, but, as always, living with a night-shift nurse completely throws off my sleeping schedule. Dramatically.

When I finally got home Friday evening (after driving through a "severe thunderstorm" and after being delayed by a tornado watch and whirring tornado alarm) it was in time to start preparing my little brother to head off to college. Due to a lack of funds in my bank account this coming semester I will not be able to go back to school in Idaho (instead I am staying in the midwest and taking online courses and working). So in more ways than usually, helping my brother pack up and get ready to head off to his first semester of college has been rather hard. But my mother decided that, as I had left some of my belongings in ID with some friends and I needed to retrieve them since I wasn't going to be going back there for a while, I should accompany her to drop my brother off at BYU, and then we'd go up to ID and collect my things before coming home. More driving.

Sigh.


............


I cringe when adults tell me I should just wait. Because if I think my life is busy and chaotic now, I will have not idea what's going on when I finally have a family to keep track of.

Something to think about.







Well, cheers.
-K

No comments: