Hello, comrades!
Right now I'm watching a PBS, new, masterpiece theatre (movie, not play), Sense and Sensibility, by Jane Austen. I really like it so far! I would like to see the other Jane Austen ones they made (since they just remade them all) and PBS does movies really well! The company putting it on is doing a pledge drive that is the most compelling, indearing, that I've ever seen. This adorable, elderly man is talking, live, and holding up a gorgeous mug, a full copy of all Jane Austens books, and a sweet smile
Friday night we (Jo, Tom, Margo, Am, Nathan, Warren (Margo's brother), and I went camping. We set up tents, and beds, and a fire. Jo insisted on having a fat air matress that barely fit in out tent, with sleepping bags and a thick pile of blankets. That didn't bother me at all, because I knew it was going to get awfully cold in the mountains. We made peach cobbler, with home grown and canned peaches, and whipped cream, and it was sooooooooooooooo delicious. I love camping, and I love food cooked out door over the fire! There is truth the the analysis that all food tastes better with a little wood ash in it! Dutch oven cooked! And with a thick, rich, fresh out door air seasoning!
Saturday morning we went hiking up the moutain side. We hiked past several fantastic waterfalls, and through, and about, and around them. A couple of us climbed the rock face to get better pictures and a better view, and for the very thrill of the freedom of it. And while I do admit that we were not wholey safe, but we were raised in the wild, free and relatively fearless. I believe that it is in our blood! No one was hurt. There was fresh air, beautiful fall colors and berries, rainbows in the water spray, and an overall peacefull and splended feeling amongst and with us. I will reflect upon this weekend for a time to come.
Then, in the evening, when returned to Salt Lake, my sister and I went shopping, and then we went and ate at the restraunt called Archibald's, at Gardener Village. A place I love to visit and occasionally fantasized of being a part of. Or somethine similar. In the country. In the Midwest. With my family.
Well, 'tis more, but I have been distracted.
Until again.
Adieu.
[Middle English, from Old French a dieu, (I commend you) to God : a, to (from Latin ad; see ad-) + Dieu, God (from Latin deus; see dyeu- in Indo-European roots).]
No comments:
Post a Comment