ONE WEEK! ONE week until Thanksgiving break!!!!!!! I'm VERY, VERY, VERY excited... can you tell? :)
So first of all, something interesting: The Jung personality test. It's ACTUALLY based on REAL phsycological research, and so it's not such a waste of time. And while I'm NOT the sort of person that believes in Start Charts, palmestry, fortunetelling (etc. etc. gag gag gag) I DO know that pyschology is a real thing. And just like any other science, when man applies himself to it earnestly and honestly he isn't bound to come out far off the truth. And so when I took this test for fun, and found the results uncannily accurate I got really excited and now kinda want to know what everyone elses' result is because I want to know if they're accurate too. I LOVE seeing mankind take another grand leap towards achievement and understanding!
So, while it would awesome for other people to take the test and tell me their result, it's entirely up to them. But it's way cool, believe me!
Here, I'll show you. Every personality that they've catagorized is based on four different letters (routed in four different areas on one's attitudes, behaviors, and values). They are I/E (introvert/extrovert), N/S (intuition/senses), F/T (feeling/thinking). and P/J (perception/judgement).
I came out at INFP: introvert, intuition, feeling, and perception. There are four "nicknames" i've seen given to this personality type: the Questor, the Healer, the Dreamer, and the Idealist. I find the usage of the Idealist most commonly when i looked about online.
Here's a bit about an Idealist:
http://bipolarchick.net/blog/2007/07/infp/
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP_rel.html
If you want to take the test and see what personality you are, go here:
http://similarminds.com/jung_word_pair.html
And as I said before, I don't view this as a "magic read you head" sort of thing.** Rather I gained some insight about why I do what I do, feel how I feel, and think how I think.* It kinda makes you feel a bit more understood, and helps to sort out some of the confusion you build up in your head, or so I think. I found it really insightful.
*there are of course inaccuratcies, so don't go off on a banshee went you find "false info". Of course there's going to be things not true about YOU, but that's because your ARE an individual. The analysis is based on general info, studied from a wide range of minds. Of course you're going to be unique. But still, as a human, with human feelings and human experiences and a human body you are bound to develope as a human with a human brain. And as we all have the same SPIRIT parents, we are also bound to be made up of similar spiritual matter. So it doesn't surprise me that our personal, inner-mind attributes develope similarly.
**be careful, though. This is a WARNING. This test is not meant to be a "destiny" determiner, nor a psychic "reading". Don't take it simply at face value. Base your PERSONAL analysis of the info on what you already know about yourself and what you know to be true. Understanding the info presented in the test result can and may help you to deal with future situations, but only if you choose to let it. It will not tell you the future and it will not tell you how to live your life. It does give you suggestions on how to make life easier for yourself, but, as I said, taking the advice is a complete matter of choice. And if you supposedly find the info to be VERY incorrect, don't call yourself a freak and go off hating yourself. Neither, I suggest, should you go off debasing the study, because that is what it is. A study. An hypothisis. It's most likely not going to shoot a 100% every time.
Oh! And don't rely on the test results of your friends (should they choose to share) to judge them either. They're just as unique as you are. (though I do not deny that it is kinda a cool to get a hypothetical "glimps" into their mind. It does help you understand them a little bit better I think.)
No comments:
Post a Comment