Thursday, September 10, 2009

Was it that black cat?

I know nobody ever reads this, but for some reason I feel compelled to update it from time to time anyway.

I'm now going to do a list of all the bad luck that has been happening to me lately, not to show off or to be all "pity me", but because I'm afraid that if I don't make a list it will just be all too overwhelming right now. I just need to get it out and document it.

1. My grandmother just found out she has breast cancer.
2. Flying from Kansas City to Utah I had to pack all my stuff in boxes and ship them, meaning that I had to limit all my belongings to a bare minimum... which I thought I already had. So I really am living off of almost nothing. I have clothes. Bedding. School supplies. An alarm clock. A computer... and that's just about it.
3. Getting off the plane my luggage strap broke. I think I've fixed it, but it was my deceased grandfather's real leather bag.
4. My new shoes are painful and I already have a huge and painful blister on the back of my ankle. The toes already got scuffed from accidently banging them of a concrete something, and I'm beginning to worry that I got good, more expensive (well, to me. I like buying shoes that are $20 or less) shoes at the wrong time, because I'm more strapped for cash than ever. Even if my hopes are that I won't have to replace them for a long time.
5. I've had so little sleep and so little food in the last three days that by noon today I started feeling faint again, and I'm simply exhausted!
6. My landlords somehow forgot to make sure I was on the list for a parking tag. Even though I requested one on my contract and I made a note in the letter I sent with my rent that I would be requiring one. The managers say that I didn't get a spot because I didn't reply to the "parking e-mail" that was sent out. I don't remember getting an e-mail!!! Sure enough, I went back and looked through my inbox and my trash and... no e-mail!!! So i'm waiting to find out my fate!!!
7. I had to leave a lot of my art supplies back in MO, so now I have to buy them all over again for my art class. PLUS I have a freaking HUGE list of other supplies needed which will cost a fortune. Not to mention the expensive matting and so forth that every individual assignment will cost!
8. Two or three of my car tires are low on air and so, when I realized this halfway from UT to ID on my 4 hour drive the other day, I was tenderhooks that one would blow all the way! I was so stressed during the drive that my nerves were shot when I finally arrived and that didn't help to my stress level or fatigue.
9. My school schedule semester is set up that in order for me to get the classes I wanted, I have to be in class from 8 am to almost 6 pm every other day! And five time this semester I'll be attending another class that will keep me out until almost 8 pm!!! I have like an two segments of 1 1/2 hours break throughout the lot! Overload!
10. As i was helping my sister move in to her new apt. last week her cat carrying cage broke and one of her cats ran away. It ran into the woods and hasn't been seen since. Since it's a little park like area in the middle of the city, it's surrounded by roads and the highway. I know it's just cat, but she's had the cat for 6 years, and he's really her family. And I have an extreme soft spot for animals and so this (a declawed, very skittish, strictly house cat lost in a forest by the highway where he'll either starve or worse...) tears at my heart! It also has my sister rather depressed.
12. My dad added some money to my bank account before I left, hoping to help me cover my bases 'till I could get more in. I paid tuition and got needed pants and shoes, a tiny supply of groceries, and books (which were actually not even $200 this year. HALLELUJAH!), gas, and food while in KC. But then today, when I really wanted to call my mom and talk to her, i discovered i don't have much money on my phone. I tried to add more. It kept saying that my debit card wouldn't work! So I'm kinda freaking out!!!!!!
13. This morning I woke at 6 am, had a cold shower, and have been exhausted, stressed, and emotional ever since. I think I'm about to start my period to top it all off!!!
14. Oh, and a couple mintues ago my computer was making funny noises. It stopped... but I'm worried.
15. I'm going to have so much homework this semester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus a job. :(
16. I'm just waiting for the next thing to happen now really.

I keep wanting to cry. Really really bad. I just want to completely break down and let it all out. And then I realize that that won't help. I'll just get a runny nose and a horrible headache. Plus I can't find any place to be alone yet where someone won't hear and then come to find out what's the matter. And then I'll feel like a complete and utter idiot? Why them am I telling you this then? Well, because I can't see you, hear you, talk to you, and you probably won't be getting this anyway. And if you do... well then I apologize.

1 comment:

Maxfields said...

So Kate, Some people do actually read your blog! I don't know if that is good news or bad news. Wrap your arms around you and give you a big hug from me! And, remember that you are a child of God and never alone!

Love ya!
Candy Ann