Saturday, May 30, 2009

Be nice to me, I gave blood today.

It's the end of another long week. After spending the weekend in Salt Lake with family (both the dead and the living - aka memorial day weekend, and cemetery visiting) I drove back up to Rexburg Tuesday.

I've been catching up and everything since. Sleep. A bit of homework. Events that went on while I was gone. (my roommates pranked our FHE brothers and are trying to start a war. A fun war, they hope...)

I've taken three tests and am working on my midterm paper for Church History. After the grulling four hour drive in blaring sunshine from SLC to Rexburg I've been a bit scatterbrained. I can't concentrate deeply on anything. Phooey.

This morning a roommate and her friend and I drove down to Idaho Falls and gave blood. (I think the nurse had the blood pressure sinch too tight though, because when she took it off all the blood rushed to my finger and my hand ached like crazy for a short while.) I love giving blood. It's not the funnest process, but not too bad either, and it does so much good for others. After what happened to my mom when I was little, I owe a great debt to all the people that have given blood, and I kinda hope this will help to pay them back a little bit.

This afternoon a friend from our ward is giving a "C" party (because mormons don't drink Tea) and I may or may not go. Depends on my paper. She's going to have chocolate chip cookies and other fun stuff that starts with a "C". We're all suppose to dress up and be fancy and what not. Silly, but fun, huh?

Then this evening I'm going to the William Joseph piano concert with ChloƩ. I'm so thrilled about it! I love his music and I get to watch him play in person! Whoo-hoo! YES!

So I'm feeling very relaxed right now. Maybe it's the weekness from giving blood. Maybe it's that it's Saturday. Maybe it's just me. But anyway I heard this song today and it is absolutely beautiful, so is the video. So I thought I'd just share. Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70AgyIEnBRE


Cheers.

No comments: