Yo, fellow earth beings (and those random aliens who occasionally read this blog too). PEACE!
ok ok ok ok
The last few weeks have flown by like... like... like something flying. A combination (say that in the French way) of busy and bored, exciting and frustrating. I wonder how much of it all I'll remember five or ten years down the road. Hense, JOURNALS people. I love journalism and I'm already on my second one this year. I am officially a journalist!
There are many many different stories from the last couple of days that I know I can't completely cover, nor do I really feel inclined to do so, in this blog. "Get used to disappointment."-Westley
But I WILL tell you somethings. Brace yourself. (ha ha ha ha... ha)
ALRIGHTY THEN!
I'm go backwards.
Yesterday I drove up to Rexburg and got settled into my apartment. At first I was afraid it wouldn't happen because the door was locked, the landing was flooded, and my managers weren't home. I met up wid my friend Chloé, and shortly afterwards I spoted my managers, got a key, and got the landing drained. I moved in my stuff, thanx for the help Chloé, and took off for the grocery store. The first shopping trip is ALWAYS the most expensive because you have to make a foundation for your pantry, and thus, as I left the store, I felt guilty for spending as much as I did, even though all of it was 100% necessary. As I returned the only other girl who looked like she was moving in last night left. For good. Aparently she didn't know we were in a small, basment like downstairs, and so she took off. And so I had the apartment to myself last night. Kinda dark and lonely at first, but then I contemplated that when I'm dealing with something really difficult, like a quest or a test, I like doing it alone, simply to feel stronger or something like that. (but not always)
The day BEFORE yesterday I was in SLC shopping and visiting Tammy (my cousin) and her family. All the girls were happy to see me and I got to surprise Sarah by meeting her at the bus stop with Jayne. It wasn't a super extremely busy day, but after the day before, I was quite easily exhausted.
That day, the day before before yesterday, Jo and I drove from KC to SLC. Everything was going fine, the weather was beautiful, until we reached Little America. We went in and got ice-cream, etc., and when we came out it was snowing. Snowing passionately. Jo agreed to drive, and I was quite grateful as we pretty quickly found it to be one dark and confusing drive. We stopped at a gas station to scrape the ice off the windshield and wipers, and then decided we'd proceed on to the valley anyhow. We arrive after midnight, a few hours later than we'd planned, but we were alive and safe and I suppose that's all that really matters.
And to prevent any furthure confusing about the "before yesterdays", this is where I'm going to end the recount at this point. My stomach calls, I haven't had breakfast and Chloé should be here soon.
Tally ho!
No comments:
Post a Comment