Classes are over. I'm out of my apartment. I made it to SLC, and I'm currently residing with my sister at her apt. (not for long. I head for the airport tomorrow morning.) I'm happier now.
Saturday I cleaned my Idaho apt. all morning, and drove all afternoon. I had no airconditioning in my car, so the heat kinda put me into a drone stage. The time went faster, but I'm surprised that I made it here safely. Saturday evening I hung out with my sister, my cousin, Tammy, and Tammy's three girls. We watched parts of Psych, season 2. My sister just got the DVD's. Sunday we (my sister and I) went to church, then drove down to Provo to my brother's house for dinner. We had dinner with he and his fiance, Margo. We played fun games and talked a lot. It was very fun and thoroughly relaxing. This morning my sister and I went and visited my grandma. She's been ill lately. We saw her, ran a few arrands, ate lunch at this really cool oriental restaraunt (they have this delicious meal called "snow ball shrimp" that is oooooooooooooooh so good!), and then came back to the apt. We went swimming with Tammy and her kids at a pool in the apt. complex. This evening my sister and Tammy and I went shopping for presents for my other sister's up coming bridal shower. To put it plainly, lingerie. I was a little uncomfortable for the most part, but some things were cute and it was fun to joke and tease and hang out with my sister and cousin. We also got to brouse other clothes, etc. etc. Fun times.
I leave for the airport early tomorrow morning, so I repacked my bags tonight. Since I flew in April, the airlines have cut the number of bags from two to one, or you have to pay a fee. Aaarrggh! I have to leave a ton of junk here at my sister's house, and cram everything else into my one suitcase, and my carry-on.
This summer is going to be sooooooooooo busy! I fly home tomorrow. Then, on the 26th, is our ward reunion for church. On the 29th my brother gets married in Oklahoma (her grandpa is the temple pres. there). And we spend those few days between MO, KS (where her family lives) and OK. Driving, driving, and more driving. Then we get ready for my sister's wedding. As her sister i have to help with the bridal shower and the photos and setting things up, etc. etc. I have to go shopping too, for a dress. And then, exactly a week after my brother's wedding, my sister get's married in the St. Louis temple. There are all her receptions, etc. to do too.
And as of now, that's all I can think about. Can't plan much farther or I'll get completely overwhelmed.
I'm heading home for MO where my parent's have really slow interenet access. So this update will hold for a while. I'll let you guys know how it all goes.
p.s. I wish I could apparate. I would just POP to MO! No long travel involved.
No comments:
Post a Comment